Albert Mohler - The Briefing
What happens in Europe doesn’t stay in Europe: Why Americans need to pay close attention to political unrest across the Atlantic
The progressive, cosmopolitan future Macron envisioned for France is confronted by reality in the streets of Paris
- New York Times (Editors) — Paris Burning
- Wall Street Journal (Joseph C. Sternberg) — Macron’s Warning to America’s Ascendant Left
British parliament considers Brexit options but one big question remains—will the British people get what they voted for?
Voyager 2, launched in 1977, reaches interstellar space. But completion of the mission will take 30,000 more years.
Even after achieving a conservative majority, Supreme Court declines to take Planned Parenthood cases. What does this mean for the future?
- New York Times (Adam Liptak) — Supreme Court Won’t Hear Planned Parenthood Cases, and 3 Court Conservatives Aren’t Happy
Why we can’t begin to define human rights when we don’t even know what it means to be human
- NPR (Tom Gjelten) — Boundlessly Idealistic, Universal Declaration Of Human Rights Is Still Resisted
- Scientific American (Alexandra Huneeus) — Beyond the "Human" in Human Rights: The Universal Declaration at 70
Detached from reality, idealism is not only inadequate, it’s deadly
The boundaries of idealism
Scouts go to court: Gender confusion spills over as both Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts compete for girls
- Washington Post (Samantha Schmidt) — Scouts’ recruitment war raises questions about what it means to be a girl or a boy
Just how much apologizing must one do to be adequately contrite? We don’t know.
- Cosmopolitan (Mehera Bonner) — Kevin Hart Steps Down as Oscars Host After Refusing to Apologize for Homophobic Tweets
- New York Times (Susan Fowler) — Why We Need to Forgive Kevin Hart
- Washington Post (C. Nicole Mason) — Kevin Hart wants you to feel sorry for him. Don’t.
Generational transition before our eyes: 300 survived Pearl Harbor aboard the USS Arizona, only five remain
- Washington Post (Amy B Wang) — For first time, Pearl Harbor remembrance takes place without a single USS Arizona survivor present
How the loss of moral authority leads to the loss of theological authority
- New York Times (Ed O’Loughlin) — Irish Lawmakers Vote to Allow Abortion, Part of Landmark Liberal Shift
An insidious argument for abortion gains traction as pro-abortion advocates take aim at the Hyde Amendment
- The Guardian (Moira Donegan) — Yes, I do want your taxes to pay for abortion
- Washington Post (Elizabeth Bruenig) — Why this progressive Texan can’t get excited about Beto O’Rourke
How tourism in a small island in the Mediterranean is a microcosm of the moral revolution
- The Telegraph (Juliet Rix) — How conservative Malta became Europe's top LGBTQ destination in under a decade
Feeding two birds with one scone: Recommended language from PETA unveils deep cultural hypocrisy
- Washington Post (Amy B. Wang) — PETA wants to change ‘anti-animal’ sayings, but the Internet thinks they’re feeding a fed horse
- USA Today (Marina Pitofsky) — PETA ridiculed, criticized for comparing 'speciesism' with racism, homophobia and ableism
President Bush becomes ‘our brother George’: Biblical truths behind the state funeral for George H.W. Bush
The end of a religious dynasty: Are the Bushes the last establishment Protestant family in American public life?
2018 words of the year: What our language reveals about our culture?
- CNN (Andrea Diaz) — 'Misinformation' is crowned Dictionary.com's word of the year
- New York Times (Jennifer Schuessler) — ‘Toxic’ Is Oxford’s Word of the Year. No, We’re Not Gaslighting You.
Burial and the Christian worldview: What does Scripture tell us about rituals that take place after someone dies?
State funerals: What are they, where did they come from, and why do we recognize them?
What the National Cathedral tells us about America's history and national identity
The false promise of civil religion in a secular age
Thomas Altizer, theologian associated with 'God is dead' theology, dies
- New York Times (Katharine Q. Seelye) — Thomas Altizer, 91, Proponent of ‘God Is Dead’ Theology, Dies
What Einstein’s ‘God letter’ teaches us about the source of our theological authority
- New York Times (James Barron) — Einstein’s ‘God Letter,’ a Viral Missive From 1954
- Religion News Service (Mark A. Kellner) — Einstein’s ‘God letter’ hits auction block Dec. 4
- Aeon (Jim Baggott) — What Einstein meant by ‘God does not play dice’
‘It’s the real me’: Human cloning is in the headlines, but it’s not what you think
- The Guardian (Staff) — 'It's the real me': Nigerian president denies dying and being replaced by clone
A portrait of the American past: When a boy could be raised to be president
The call of duty and the Greatest Generation: The teenage Naval aviator who became president
President George H.W. Bush and the transformation of American politics in the 20th century
Why celebrity influence is not easily transferred to political candidates
- USA Today (Maria Puente,Dave Paulson and Adam Tamburin) — Oprah, Beyonce and Taylor: They 'lost' in midterms, so what about celebrity political pull in 2020?
The death of shared stories: Exploring the dangerous effects of individualistic media consumption
- USA Today (Gary Levin) — How much have younger viewers bailed on traditional TV? New stats are alarming
The real story behind the dearth of conservative late night TV hosts
- New York Times (Elizabeth A. Harris and Giovanni Russonello) — Late Night TV in Full Campaign Mode on Eve of Midterms
How a TV show reveals human’s desire for a personal, intervening deity
Why the election of the next Speaker matters far beyond the House of Representatives
- New York Times (Julie Hirschfeld Davis) — Democrats Nominate Pelosi to Be Speaker but With Significant Defections
The drama of dealmaking: Why?
- New York Times (Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Astead W. Herndon) — In Courting New Liberals, Pelosi Runs a Risk: A Freedom Caucus of the Left
Liberal parents, radical kids: The generational divide in America is a worldview divide
Watch out—Kentucky politician proposes expanded gambling as the financial fix
- Louisville Courier-Journal (Tom Loftus) — Beshear to lawmakers: Legalize gambling to help fix pension system