Albert Mohler - The Briefing
Tracing the pattern of secularization at religious higher education institutions
- Washington Post (Mary Hui) — Georgetown students vote not to take action against pro-heterosexual-marriage campus group
Why the liberalization of higher education forces the sexuality issue front and center
The danger of arguing the Peace Cross is anything other than a Christian symbol
- New York Times (Emily Baumgaertner) — A 40-Foot Cross Has Honored War Dead for 90 Years. Is It Unlawful?
Tragedy strikes First Baptist Church Sutherland Springs as gunman kills 26
- LA Times (Matt Pearce and John Savage) — 26 dead in Texas church shooting, with children among the victims
- New York Times (David Montgomery, Christopher Mele, and Manny Fernandez) — Texas Church Shooting Leaves at Least 26 Dead, Officials Say
Heartbreak and mourning reveal uniqueness of Christian worldview
Confronting the realities of death and evil in the aftermath of tragedy
Alcohol companies seek “new type of buzz” when it comes to marijuana
- Wall Street Journal (Jennifer Maloney and David George-Cosh) — Big Brewer Makes a Play for Marijuana Beverages
Fast-food companies quietly make their way into alcohol business
- USA Today (Zlati Meyer) — Fast-food chains like Taco Bell, Chipotle and Shake Shack use alcohol to attract crowds
How the gambling industry gets people to lose even more of their money
- USA Today (David P. Willis) — 5 things that will change about Mega Millions starting Saturday
- New York Times (Joe Drape) — You Are Looking Live at Brent Musburger in the Casino
A letter that changed history: Reflecting on the 100th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration
Manhattan terrorist attack highlights insidious nature of sin
- New York Times (Benjamin Mueller, William Rashbaum, and Al Baker) — Terror Attack Kills 8 and Injures 11 in Manhattan
The politicization of terror: Just what makes an attack terrorism?
- New York Times (Max Fisher and Amanda Taub) — Manhattan Attack Is Called Terrorism. What About Vegas?
Inconvenient science: Secular left refuses to acknowledge research on motherhood
On 500th anniversary of Protestant Reformation, secular world considers its vast impact
Why, contrary to arguments made by some, the Reformation was not a failure
- Fox News (Peter Leithart) — The Reformation, led by Luther, failed. Here's how we could finally reunite the Christian church
As it was 500 years ago, the church must continue to be reformed by the Word of God
- Washington Post (Stanley Hauerwas) — The Reformation is over. Protestants won. So why are we still here?
First round of indictments focused on age-old intersection of money and human sinfulness
- Wall Street Journal (Aruna Viswanatha and Del Quentin Wilber) — Mueller’s Probe Kicks Into Next Gear With Charges, Guilty Plea
- New York Times (Nicholas Kristof) — Will Manafort Sing?
Hollywood cries foul as Kevin Spacey attempts to camouflage claims of sexual misconduct
- Washington Post (Amy B. Wang and Elahe Izadi) — ‘Kevin Spacey has set gay rights back’: Actor blasted for response to sexual misconduct claim
- BBC (Steven McIntosh) — Why are people angry about Kevin Spacey coming out?
How an argument, started 500 years ago today, led to the recovery of the gospel
What the history of Halloween tells us about the resurgence of paganism
As Halloween grows darker, Christians are to be people of the light
Catholic student group at Catholic university under fire for promoting Catholic beliefs
- Washington Post (Mary Hui) — Georgetown students have filed a discrimination complaint against a campus group promoting heterosexual marriage
- The Hoya (Editorial Board) — Defund Intolerence
- LA Times (Michael McGough) — Are Georgetown students intolerant for agreeing with the pope?
The Reformation at 500: Issues most important then remain important now