Albert Mohler - The Briefing
A deeper look at ecumenical movement as Pope Francis goes to Geneva to mark the 70th anniversary of the World Council of Churches
Is disunity a greater scandal than the scandal of abandoning doctrine and accepting theological minimalism?
‘Such were some of you’: Why language really matters — and always matters — in the discussion about same-sex attraction and sexual desire
Without human dignity there are no human rights: The real story behind the U.S. withdrawal from the U.N. Human Rights Council
- Wall Street Journal (Jessica Donati) — U.S. Withdrawing From U.N. Human Rights Council
- The Atlantic (Krishnadev Calamur) — The UN Human Rights Council Is a Deeply Flawed Body
What the dissolution of the American family has to do with the prevalence of fear and despair among American teenagers
- New York Times (Jan Hoffman) — Sex and Drugs Decline Among Teens, but Depression and Suicidal Thoughts Grow
Why gang violence overtaking a Maryland middle school is an indictment of the entire nation
- Washington Post (Michael E. Miller) — ‘A ticking time bomb’: MS-13 threatens a middle school, warn teachers, parents, students
- Newsweek (Michelle R. McPhee) — MS-13: How an FBI Informant Risked Death to Bring America’s Most Brutal Gang to Justice
What exactly is a pregnant man? The Christian mandate of clarity in the wake of mass delusion
Looking for the light that shines through even the deepest confusion
Too important to be excluded? Moral relativism on display as remains of Stephen Hawking interred in Westminster Abbey
Justice Department inspector general report exposes politicization of the FBI, provides ammunition for both political parties
- New York Times (Matt Apuzzo) — Report Criticizes Comey but Finds No Bias in F.B.I. Decision on Clinton
- New York Times (Alexander Burns) — Democrats Find Vindication, and New Agony, in Report on Comey
- Washington Times (Stephen Dinan) — Comey 'insubordinate,' FBI wracked by leaks in 2016 campaign investigation
Why in a fallen world someone must watch the watchers and investigate the investigators
When Canada’s Supreme Court tries to balance religious liberty and equality, it’s religious liberty that takes a back seat
- Vancouver Sun (Jim Bronskill) — Supreme Court of Canada rules against Trinity Western University over law school graduates
America faces a moral crisis at its southern border: How did we get here and how will we respond?
- Washington Post (Michael E. Miller, Emma Brown, and Aaron C. Davis) — Inside Casa Padre, the converted Walmart where the U.S. is holding nearly 1,500 immigrant children
- New York Times (Ross Douthat) — The Lesser Cruelty on Immigration
Why both political parties must own up to the political and moral crisis brought on by the failure to act on the issue of immigration
- New York Times (Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Michael D. Shear) — How Trump Came to Enforce a Practice of Separating Migrant Families
How should Christians rightly understand our relationship to government in light of Romans 13?
- Washington Post (Julie Zauzmer and Keith McMillan) — Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
How the psychotherapeutic revolution has led us to the dangerous belief that unhappiness is a problem that must always be solved
- Washington Post (David Von Drehle) — Our culture assumes happiness is the normal human condition. Why?
Can money buy happiness? New survey says yes, but this type of happiness comes with regrets
The quest for inner peace: Competitive meditators and their unmindful mindfulness
- Wall Street Journal (Ellen Gamerman) — Competitive About Your Meditation? Relax, Everyone Else is Too
Not dying will not work: How the fear of death drives us to desperation which can be satisfied only in Christ
Proposal to divide California into three separate states reveals political frustration, will be faced by California voters in November
- NPR (Camila Domonoske) — California? Or Cali-Three-Nia? Proposal To Split State Will Be On Ballot In November
Americans grapple with moral questions surrounding violent crime as support for the death penalty rises
Which story is more likely to end with two people living happily ever after: Meeting at happy hour or meeting at church?
How will history remember the summit between the United States and North Korea?
- Dallas Morning News (Staff) — Trump pledges 'security guarantees' as Kim Jong Un recommits to 'denuclearization'
- Wall Street Journal (Gerald Seib) — Singapore Summit Puts Kim Jong Un’s Words to the Test
Human rights abuses linger as United States and North Korea move forward under new agreement
Secularization in the Bible Belt: Once unthinkable, opposition to gambling fades in Alabama
What the Miss America Pageant tells us about the state of America’s cultural landscape
Abortion and the fight for life: Has Northern Ireland redefined or recognized basic human rights?
How eating a chicken sandwich can send an unintended moral message
As suicide rates rise, there are basic questions we must ask about why the problem is not getting any better
- Washington Post (Amy Ellis Nutt) — Suicide rates rise sharply across the United States, new report shows
Why the church’s response to the rising suicide rate must not be one of confusion, but of clarity
- New York Times (Benedict Carey) — Defying Prevention Efforts, Suicide Rates Are Climbing Across the Nation
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn goes to Harvard: How one man who didn’t know how not to tell the truth, told the truth in a 1978 speech
New generation celebrates new traditions with the rising popularity of the ‘you be you’ wedding culture
As young Americans postpone marriage, we see the unraveling of marriage and the entire understanding of the family
Why our response to secularization should not be retreat and pessimism, but the preaching of the gospel
History behind the Gallup Poll
Why changing the number of people in a marriage is far easier than changing the definition of marriage
Is it really that shocking that the American Bible Society would align its employment policies with the Bible?
- Philadelphia Inquirer (Michael Boren) — American Bible Society to employees: Abstain from sex outside marriage or resign
A year of tumult and assassination: Reflecting on the life and legacy of Robert F. Kennedy 50 years after his death
How the biblical worldview helps to explain the presence of both greatness and darkness in a single individual
As Catholic diocese quits Maine Council of Churches, the sexual revolution wins and ecumenism loses
Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker, sends very clear signal that religious convictions of American people cannot be trampled upon
- Supreme Court of the United States — MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP, LTD., ET AL. v. COLORADO CIVIL RIGHTS COMMISSION ET AL.
Understanding what yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling means, and what it doesn’t mean
- Wall Street Journal (Jess Bravin) — Supreme Court Ruling Ducks Conflict Between Religious, Gay Rights
- The Guardian (David Smith and Lucia Graves) — Supreme court sides with baker who refused to make gay wedding cake
- New York Times (Jennifer Finney Boylan) — After Masterpiece, It’s Time to Change the Constitution
Twenty years later, Bill Clinton remains indignant despite a massive moral change in the broader culture
- NBC Today (Eun Kyung Kim) — President Bill Clinton on Monica Lewinsky, #MeToo and whether his apology was enough
As morality, politics, and pop culture collide, Disney tries to win on both sides of the political street
- Washington Post (Steven Zeitchik) — Disney doesn’t want to offend anyone. But it’s getting caught in the culture wars.
- USA Today (Marco della Cava and Jessica Guynn) — ABC's move to ax 'Roseanne' reflects businesses are often at front lines of culture wars
What the lack of response to Samantha Bee’s comments tells us about the left’s control of the entertainment industry
- New York Times (John Koblin) — Slur Toward Ivanka Trump Brings an Apology From Samantha Bee
- New York Times (Ross Douthat) — The Great Pop Culture War
The redefinition of comedy: Why a society that will laugh at everything doesn’t really understand anything
The smiling president and the scowling dictator: Reflections on President Reagan’s 1988 speech at Moscow State University
A battle for words and their meaning: With monumental cases pending, the Supreme Court experiences a return to textualism
- Washington Times (Alex Swoyer) — Blockbuster term: Justices could determine limits of courts' ability to check Trump administration
- USA Today (Richard Wolf) — For Supreme Court's conservatives, it's all about the letter of the law
Why it’s problematic that some Australians consider gender labeling problematic
As gender revolutionaries seek to make French gender-neutral, language purists fight back
Missouri governor’s resignation proves that the combination of sex, money, and power is a dangerous cocktail
- Washington Post (Sean Sullivan) — Embattled Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens says he will resign
- New York Times (Ginia Bellafante) — Sex and the Liberal Politician: A New York Story
- Newsweek (Danielle Tcholakian) — Party Foul
Why Christians should reject any deal that holds onto power at the expense of truth, goodness, and morality
A look at what is behind the great moral divide between rural and urban Americans grows deeper
- New York Times (Emily Badger) — Rural and Urban Americans, Equally Convinced the Rest of the Country Dislikes Them