Albert Mohler - The Briefing
Did the Pope deny the existence of hell? Why much modern theology targets hell for disappearance.
- Wall Street Journal (Francis X. Rocca) — ‘There Is No Hell’: An Untraditional Pope, an Italian Journalist and the Quote Igniting Controversy
- New York Times (Jason Horowitz) — Does Hell Exist? And Did the Pope Give an Answer?
The crisis of Catholic doctrine under Pope Francis and the lessons for evangelicals.
The collision of biblical Christianity and the spirit of the modern age over the doctrine of hell
Vatican attempts to bolster Pope’s conservative credibility by doctoring photo of letter from Benedict
50 years ago today, history turned on a mere moment as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, TN
Theology and the racial crisis, then and now
Why it’s significant that the BBC religion editor recognizes there is more to Easter than chocolate
- Radio Times (Martin Bashir) — BBC’s religion editor Martin Bashir: Why Christianity is still relevant this Easter
A love story that ends in suicide: New rituals around dying raise huge moral questions about the sanctity and dignity of human life
- The Global and Mail (Kelly Grant) — Medically assisted death allows couple married almost 73 years to die together
How a reordering of the theological landscape has led to a redefinition of life and death
- The Globe and Mail (Sandra Martin) — Fight to the death: Why Canada's physician-assisted dying debate has only just begun
Abuse of junk science leads California judge to order cancer warnings on coffee: What this reveals about Americans’ chemophobia
- Washington Post (Ben Guarino and Eli Rosenberg) — California ordered to add cancer warning to coffee, but the science doesn’t hold up
- Wall Street Journal (Editors) — Attack of the Killer Cappuccino
Stephen Reinhardt, the liberal lion of California, dies at 87, but there are many cubs following close behind
- New York Times (Sam Roberts) — Stephen Reinhardt, Liberal Lion of Federal Court, Dies at 87
- Washington Post (Staff) — Stephen Reinhardt, liberal lion of federal judiciary in California, dies at 87
On Good Friday, NPR report distorts definition of Easter, revealing extent of secularization
- NPR (Vanessa Romo) — Pope To World: Hell Does Exist
- Washington Post (Callum Borchers) — On Good Friday, an NPR report mangles the definition of Easter
- New York Times (Elisabetta Povoledo) — Pope Calls for ‘Peace in All the World’ in First Easter Message
Although the cultural conception of Christ may fascinate, only the biblical conception of Christ saves
- Wall Street Journal (George Weigel) — The Easter Effect and How It Changed the World
- New York Times (Jon Meacham) — Jesus Died Only to Rise Again. Where Did the Concept of the Resurrection Come From?
Can the Bible be meaningful, even if one doesn’t believe it to be true?
Why abandoning a Scriptural understanding of ministry will inevitably lead to a very different rendering of God